EAS has the expertise and the tools required to provide a “reality check” for each project or site being evaluated.
Our team of scientists and specialists are skilled in site characterization (ecological and cultural resources); field sampling of environmental media (water and land); environmental research, monitoring, and surveys; federal and state regulations and compliance actions; project management; and technical writing and presentations. We conduct studies tailored to our clients’ specific projects and requirements, using state-of-the-art and customized technologies.
- Remedial Investigation/Feasibility Studies
- Environmental Restoration; Mitigation Strategies
- Ecological and Human Health Risk Assessments
- Natural Resource Damage Assessments
- Consultations with Federal and State Regulatory Agencies (Including Sections 7 and 10), and Stakeholders
- Regulatory Compliance Document Preparation (Environmental Assessments, Biological Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, National Environmental Policy Act, Biological Resource Management Plans, Site-Specific Clearances, Section 106)
- Environmental Surveillance (Designing Sampling Plans; Sampling Contaminants in Sediment, Soil, Water, and Biota)
- Sample Accessioning and Data Management
- State-of-the-Art and Customized Techniques and Tools for Collecting and Evaluating Environmental Media Samples Under a Wide Range of Conditions
- Fully Equipped Laboratory Facilities
- Geographical Information System/Global Positioning System Support Services
- Boat Operations - U.S. Coast Guard Licensed Merchant Marine Boat Operators (25- and 50-Ton-Vessel Certified), and Vessels
- NAUI/PADI Certified SCUBA Divers
- Federal and State Scientific Collecting Permits Holder (Including Sections 7 and 10 Endangered Species Take Authorizations)
- Radioactive Materials License for Receiving, Preparing, and Shipping Samples for Analysis
Environmental Assessment Services, LLC (EAS) is dedicated to performing high-quality environmental science and field work for diverse assessment purposes. We provide a complete package of environmental services for our clients.
EAS Founder and Principal Scientist
Our clients receive thorough and technically sound assessments for decision making to meet often-complex environmental regulations, policies, and other challenges.>
Project Showcase (click photos to enlarge images and view captions)
- DOE-HQ recognizes outstanding work in migratory bird stewardship conducted by MSA-PSRP (supported by EAS) in collaboration with DOE-RL
- Adult Fish Counting Services, Columbia and Snake Rivers
- Grant County Public Utility District No. 2, Transmission Line Collision Protection Plan
EAS is using the liquid-tip Trident probe, an advanced groundwater upwelling detection and sampling tool, to determine groundwater discharge patterns in the Columbia River, and sample porewater and co-located surface water and sediments.
EAS is supporting Public Safety and Resource Protection (PSRP) programs at the Hanford Site —Environmental Surveillance, Ecological Monitoring and Compliance, and Cultural and Historic Resources.
Support for the Natural Resource Damage Assessment of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico
EAS provided technical support to NOAA's Natural Resource Damage Assessment (NRDA) of damage to natural resources resulting from the 2010 MC252 Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.